If you are thinking of joining the micro house revolution, then this article is for you!
We would like to point out that building your own micro home is a pretty huge undertaking, and this is by no means meant to be a full step-by-step guide of how to do it.
It is however intended to get you going and to give you an idea of what is involved in the process of building your own tiny home.
So without further ado, let’s get started!
This is perhaps the most crucial step, as it will ultimately determine how your tiny house project will unfold.
You are going to have to think about a lot of elements before you start building, for example:
- Where you are going to build your house
- The size of the mini house
- The floor plan
- What utilities it is going to have
- What features it is going to have
- What your budget is
- Whether it is going to be mobile or not
Only once this step is completely taken care of will you be able to move onto the next step of sourcing components for the build.
Getting Everything Ready
It is a good idea to have all the things you need for the build on the site ready to go before you commence the build.
Many of these components you will be able to source cheaply, or get from friends and family, and you may already have a few of them on hand ready to go.
You will most likely need:
- A trailer – if the home is not a static home
- Windows – these can be ordered to the required size and specifications
- Lumber – essential
- Tools – to complete the work
- Appliances – Everything from kitchen appliances to lighting
- Some helping hands – friends and family can be paid in food, drink and good times!
- A few professionals – electricians and roofers are essential
Only once you have this stage sorted are you ready to start building! For the build stage you should research online and check out some tutorials.